- 3 cups pasta sauce any of your choice. (I make mine from scratch for recipe)
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cup white pinto beans
- 1 small white onion
- ¾ cup kale (frozen or fresh)
- ¾ cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- ¾ cup peas (frozen or Fresh)
- 1 lb Spicy Italian sausage or lean ground beef
- Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, oregano to taste
*Extra flavor: add favorite cheese
*Add a grain to make it heartier. I like brown rice.
1. Soak beans overnight in water, once done soaking add to crockpot.
2. Add sauce to cover beans.
3. Add onions, spices to crock pot and bring to a simmer.
4. Add vegetables bring all to a boil, then down to a simmer.
5. Brown the sausage or beef, add any additional spices to your liking.
6. Add meat mixture to crock pot and simmer for 2-3 hours, until done.